Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thoughts On Election 08

What really spurred this blog is the Election this week. For the last 3 months I have been constantly responding to and defending my support for President Elect Barack Obama from the various viral & vile emails regarding everything from "He is a Muslim" to "He is a baby killer"! I reside in a rural area of Illinois that is as conservative as they come, which is not necessarily a bad thing so long as it is intelligent and spirited discussion. Which it never is. Since I reside in Illinois the election for our state was well in hand so I decided to try and help out in Indiana by assisting in GOTV efforts. Looks like hard work paid off with Obama taking Indiana, the first time Indiana has gone for a Democrat since LBJ. This really surprised me as Indiana is a very conservative red state, more in line with the South than the Midwest on many issues. Before the election I would have certainly bet that if any Red Midwest state was going to go for Obama it would have been Missouri. Due to its large metropolitan centers of St. Louis & Kansas City not to mention certain suburbs of St. Louis which are very progressive in nature. But I will take it!

Now the goal in my estimation moving forward is to push and support President Obama in enacting the change required to return some sense of order to our Republic. In that vein there is a great full length movie out for free viewing with limited commerical interruption titled "End Of America". It is really a eye popping indictment of some of the transgressions by the present administration regarding the destruction of our Constitution. My hope is that President Obama and Congress will have the fortitude and political willpower to revoke such ridiculous tactics as the use of Blackwater, "Enhanced Interrogation", black sites and torture. The film lasts about 75 minutes but is well worth your time in my estimation: http://snagfilms.com/films/title/the_end_of_america/

VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI

1 comment:

trickywoo4u said...

Saw you over at HuffPo, so I thought I'd give you a try. And I'm not disappointed! Thanks for the link to the movie, which I'll watch later this evening, and for the links down the side of the page. The issue of the erosion of the Constitution and our civil liberties was of vital importance for me in the election, and I think/hope we might now have a chance to reverse some of the damage of the past eight years. I look forward to seeing how it plays out in the months ahead.