Monday, November 10, 2008

Special Comment on Prop 8

I enjoy watching Keith but sometimes he gets a little too much righteous indignation going on with his Special Comment...this is not one of those times.





What really bothers me about this is how the Mormons and The Catholic Church were so implicit in backing Prop 8. I am a Catholic and lapsed member of the Knights of Columbus. I continually struggle with some of the dictates and proclamations of my church such as how I am going to hell if I vote for Obama or that same sex marriage violates the sanctity of marriage. I tend to view my Catholic religion more in line with the great blogger Andrew Sullivan & Garry Wills. The way I see it, its my faith and I am not going to allow bigoted people whether priest, archbishop or laymen to tell me whether or not I am a "good catholic". I imagine I will continue to struggle with these issues but one thing is for sure, after Tuesday the Knights of Columbus will never see me as a member again.

No comments: